Monday, January 25, 2016

Making a House a Home

A while ago I asked the question on facebook, "If you had to choose between a fixer upper that was low in your budget or still within your budget a move in ready house, what would you choose?"

I got a lot of mixed responses. But Claudy and I knew that we weren't meant for fixer uppers. We just didn't have the time or energy to commit to it. So we went with move-in ready. However, I knew that I wanted to make it our own.

Deciding on a theme for the house was rather difficult, Claudy wanted it to feel like the Carribean and while I like bright colors, I would rather they be accents than the main colors. However, we came to a compromise and I love how it has turned out!

Here are some before and afters. (Photos taken with my iphone)

 KITCHEN
 before


after

DINING

before

after
I love this table my parents found us at a occasional sale in Zimmerman and I love my curtains from Target. 

LIVING ROOM
before
after
I felt like this set up the previous owners had made the room feel small and with a one year old we needed some place space, so we changed tv wall and it opened it up a ton!

The dresser was a purchase at an occasional sale in Buffalo!


BEDROOM
before
 after

OFFICE
before
after

MASTER BEDROOM

after
This took me two colors to get the feel I wanted


LIA'S ROOM
before


after


As you can see we went with a lot of COLOR. 

We still have to do the basement, hoping to get to that in March!!!

No comments :