Thursday, May 23, 2013

Liebster Award


Thank you so much Allison @ The Bauble Dept and Ashley @ Sweetly Worn - Ashley actually nominated me a while ago and I didn't really understand it, I'm sorry girl..but better late than never? 

What is the Liebster Award?  The Liebster award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.  The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. I feel honored to have been nominated twice. :) 


Here are the rules:

After being acknowledged, you should...

-Share 11 facts about yourself.
-Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger created.
-Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers that you believe deserve some recognition.
-Post 11 questions for them to answer.
-Notify all the bloggers selected that they have been nominated.
-And finally, you can't nominate the blog who nominated you.

-Acknowledge the blog that nominated you in a post.

11 Facts About Me: 

1. I love to read, especially cheesy christian love stories, that take me a whole 3 hours to read. 
2. I play the piano, and love to sit in the room by myself and play and sing. 
3. I love to cook. 
4. I love airports, seriously, love them. I especially like when I have a little longer lay over and can hang out and observe people, while enjoying a glass of wine. Fantastic. 
5. I like to golf
6. I love High Heels...it may be an obsession but I buy them in almost every color. My husband as an obsession with high top Adidas...we have a shoe problem at our house. 
7. I love to take baths
8. I love to craft and crochet. The more DIY the better. 
9. I played basketball in cross-country. 
10. I've ran two marathons and am training for my 3rd. 
11. I love seasons...Fall is my favorite...give me a scarf, mittens, and boots and I'm a happy girl :) 

11 Questions For Me: 
1. What is your favorite thing about yourself (physical or otherwise)?
That I enjoy life... if we are going by physical features, I like my eyes. 
2. What country is at the top of your "must visit" list?
My husband and I would love to go to France...but I would also love to go to Israel
3. If you could choose your own name, what would it be?
I like my name...when I was younger I always wanted to have a name from the 1800's and have dresses like they did during those times. 
4. Salty or sweet?
Salty...I love chips and dip :) 
5. If you had just one whole day off to do absolutely anything you wanted, what would you do?
A spa day at one of those super expensive places (given I don't have to pay for it!)
6. How many states (and or countries) have you lived in?
I have lived in 2 states and 1 other country besides the U.S.
I grew up in Minnesota, moved to Florida and then lived in Haiti. 
7. What one song would best describe your life right now?
I don't know that I have one...but I'm loving the song "CRUISE"...makes me feel like it is summer, and carefree. 
8. What is your favorite guilty pleasure?
Oh dear...Wine and a good book. 
9. If you became rich and famous, what is the one thing you would splurge on?
I don't know at this point if I could splurge on anything...I would want to give it away because of what I have experienced. I guess if I had to, It would be an awesome kitchen. 
10. What is your all time favorite tv show?
Grey's Anatomy. I have watched every season, multiple times. 
11. Which decade (or century) would you like to have lived in, and why?
I guess, the 1800's, things seemed more simple then :) 

My Nominees


11 Questions for You!!

1. What is your favorite Season and Why?
2. What can you not leave Target without buying?
3. What is your favorite Kitchen Gadget?
4. White Walls or Colored?
5. What is your favorite meal to cook?
6. Where do you want to go on your next vacation?
7. What is something you want to do, but don't actually do?
8. What is the best book you've read recently?
9. What is an item you are coveting?
10. Something you have learned recently?
11. Why do you blog?

Thanks for playing along!


6 comments :

Allison said...

I really enjoyed reading your answers! And I love that your husband has a shoe obsession, too :) If you have any great recommendations for the cheesy love stories, send them my way!

Ashlee Francois said...

Thanks for nominating me! I will definitely let you know if I get any. One of my favorite series is the Bridal Quartet by Nora Roberts. So Good.

Kiki said...

Thanks for the nomination, girl! I love reading these kinds of posts and getting to know bloggers a little better. I'm definitely with you on the salty thing. Chips and dip are the way to go. :)

Ashlee Francois said...

You're welcome. Love your blog :) I love me some quac!!

ThistleAshD said...

hahaha... definitely better late than never :)

I love that you love reading too :)

Ashlee Francois said...

Thanks for forgiving me :)