Tuesday, December 9, 2014

{25 Days of Christmas} - Day 9 - Dear Lia

Dear Lia -

It's your very first Christmas. This year and next year it won't mean that much to you. You may not even notice that it was different than any other day, other than your cousins will be around for you to watch and there will be lots of boxes and bows for you to look at and play with.

I love Christmas. It's my favorite time of year. With all of the twinkle lights, the music, the spirit in the air and giving gifts. I can't wait to experience one of my favorite times with you. I can't wait to see Christmas through your eyes.

BUT...

Before you get caught up in it all, I want you to pause.

I want you to pause and to learn why Christmas is so special.

Yes, it is true. The twinkle lights, the music, the spirit and the gifts are all wonderful....BUT, they are not why we celebrate the day.

We celebrate the day because of Jesus. We celebrate and can have joy, not just because of His birth, but because He redeemed us. We are sinners and He has set us free. It's because of the Cross that we celebrate Christmas. It's because our Redeemer paid our ransom.

Don't forget to pause and remember.

Choose JOY during the season, because you have much to be thankful for.



No comments :