Sunday, May 12, 2013

{Everyday in May} - Mom


I moved away from home in 2005. 8 years ago.

I miss a lot of things and a lot of people. 

Today, on Mother's Day, I miss my Mom!!! 

I can't remember that last time I was home to celebrate this day with you! It makes me sad, because you deserve a day to celebrate :) 

Mom - Thank you for letting me, be me. For letting me spread my wings and go. I know it wasn't easy to see me move to Florida and then to Haiti, but instead of clinging on to me, you supported me and let me do what God has called me to! I have learned so much from you during our 29 years together. You have taught me about being a woman that follow's the Lord, a woman that serves and honors her husband, a woman that works hard for her family, a woman that gives, a woman with a gentle spirit, a woman that will drop the things she is doing to spend time with her children and a woman of unconditional love! I have not lived a perfect life, and every time you are there to wrap your arms around me and tell me you still love me!

I have so many great memories with you: days at the lake, shopping, days at the beach in Florida, running 5k's together, cooking in the kitchen together, traveling to Indiana, many trips to Haiti, my wedding, basketball games, there are too many to even count. 

I'm excited to be living with you again. To make more memories together. I can't wait for shopping trips, time in the kitchen, time in the back yard, time at the lake, pedicures and mother/daughter days! 

I love you Mom!!!

4 comments :

Kara Renee said...

I've got an amazingly similar post up on my blog today too! It's so hard being so far away on HER day! :(

Curious Runner said...

Awww, I bet you miss your Mum! I missed mine when I was living overseas. What a lovely tribute post to her :)

Ashlee Francois said...

Thanks for stopping by! it is so hard being far away from her!!

Ashlee Francois said...

Thanks she is great!! It is hard living away from them :)