Tuesday, May 7, 2013

{Everyday in May} - My Biggest Fear



So maybe dogs themselves are not my biggest fear. But since my new blog is THE REDEEMED RUNNER...I thought it was appropriate to talk about my biggest fear while running. 

Not being able to finish, hurting myself, etc... none of those are my biggest running fears. 

It this guy (well any dog). To you, he may be your pet, you may think he is cute and cuddly, you may think he is fun, you may even be thinking he is your companion, your friend for life, he may be YOUR running partner, he may be your security. 

To me...he is my fear.

It never fails, I will be running down the road, having great stride, lost in my music and then I spot...your sweet, cuddly companion and instantly I'm afraid. I instantly look for ways to dodge him, different routes I can take so I don't have to run by him. If that isn't an option, I start looking for rocks or pepples, I maybe can pick up to throw at him in case he decides to act on his curiosity. 

This fear that I have, doesn't come for no reason. You see...I've been a runner most of my life, since I was 12. I have been chased by many dogs, then jumped on and snapped at. I know what your "Best Friend" is capable of when you aren't looking and your not around. 

What is your biggest fear while running??


2 comments :