Saturday, May 18, 2013

{Everyday in May} - My running partner

My dad running with me for a block during my last marathon. 

I started running competitively when I was in 6th grade.
It was in about my 8th grade year that my dad really started to push my running.

 He would wake me early each morning. I would grab my running shoes and he his bike and off we would go.

 He would always be a little ahead of me, which made me frustrated and run faster.
There were some meets, I didn't run to my potential and I would be pushed harder. Mediocracy was not an option.

While, I no longer run competitively these moments will forever stay with me.
They may seem extreme, but I'm so thankful for my father. I'm thankful he pushed me, challenged me, worked with me, and wanted me to be successful. While there were moments I struggled with it, I never questioned his love for me and that he always  was proud of me and wanted me to be proud of myself!

I love you dad!


No comments :