Saturday, June 22, 2013

{Happy Anniversary} - One Year


Photo Credit: Kelly Schmidgall
Dear Claudy - 

I can hardly believe that it has been a year. It seems like just yesterday, I rose early in the morning to take a run with mom to help me relax for the big day that would change my life. That morning I had no idea how much my life would change and never could have realized how much more I would love you!

We have had our ups and downs...but we have learned the importance of communication and talking through those times. Those moments have made us closer and our marriage stronger. 

Thank you for loving me...for loving me the way God created me and not asking me to be anybody different. Thank you for loving me through my difficult days and my imperfections. 
Thank you for being patient with me. There are days when I am selfish, needy, and ask too many questions, but you love me despite those moments. 
Thank you for leading me. I have learned so much about submission and following you, I still have a lot to learn, but thank you for being easy to follow. 
Thank you for pointing me to the cross. For helping me be refined and pointing me to Jesus. During this last year, I have never been more aware how my brokenness and how much I need the cross to pay the redemption for my sins. 
Thank you for showing me how to have compassion. You have one of the kindest hearts and are so giving.You are always willing to help other people and expect nothing in return. We may never have money or riches in this world, but that is ok, because you will use it to bring glory to God and to help others. 
Thank you for always making me laugh. You always know how to turn my frown into a smile...even when I want to be mad, you can get me to be happy. 

I'm so glad God put you in my life four years ago. I would never have dreamed then, that you would make me this happy and bring so much joy to my life! I love you... Here is to 49 or more years!!!








To check out more details about our Wedding from one year ago. Check out the blog series, Wedding Wednesday's

6 comments :

Julie said...

Happy Anniversary Ashlee!!!

17 Perth said...

Happy Happy Anniversary! Such a sweet post!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! Yours is a marriage that will last because it was built by and is centered around the One who will refine, mature and unite you two. Such a treasure. Looking forward to celebrating many, many years with you as God uses this relationship to draw you closer to Him, making you more like Him...Holy,not just happy! Love ya both!

Veronica Lee Burns said...

so so sweet! Congratulations!!

Curious Runner said...

Happy Anniversary!! Very sweet post indeed :)

Kiki said...

Congrats you two! What a sweet, sweet letter you wrote and I love that the two of you put God at the center of your marriage.

p.s. You are such a cute couple! :)