Monday, July 1, 2013

{Stuffed Peppers}

Ever since I was a little girl, I have loved cooking. When I was younger I would "help" my grandmother cook lunch for all of us. I cleaned a lot from her.
Even when single, I liked to cook myself good meals. Then I got married to a man of a different culture. I no longer knew what to cook :) So every once in a while I try a new recipe to see if he likes it. Last night, I tried stuff peppers. While he doesn't like green peppers, I thought for sure he would like the "stuffing." I was right.
Sorry - I didn't get a picture, but here is the recipe.

2 cups cooked rice
1lb browned hamburger (I always brown with salt, pepper, and onions)
1 can tomato sauce or stewed tomatoes (I made my own)
4 green peppers (or peppers to your liking)
Any other veggies. (I didn't add any)

Brown your hamburger and cook your rice. At the same time boil your peppers for about 5-7 minutes (you don't have to do this, but it requires less oven time).

Mix hamburger, rice, and tomato sauce together. Then put into peppers.

Put in the oven for 15 minutes on 350.


Hope you enjoy!!

No comments :