Tuesday, October 1, 2013

{#31Days of Thanks} - Day 1 - Family

 
 


I am so blessed. For 10 years I lived away from my family. Even though I know it wasn't easy for them to let me leave, my parents let me go; first to Florida, then to Haiti. They trusted that I was following God's call and trusted Him with me. I'm so thankful they let me go and released me. I have learned so much during those 10 years. Amazingly enough, I think we have grown closer as a family since I left.
 
 My brothers and their wives have always been supportive and always made an effort to still include me in their lives and their children's lives. I'm so thankful for their love. No matter what I know that whatever happens we will be their for each other to lean on.
 
Now Claudy and I are back...back home. I'm loving every minute of it. We are the family that likes to be together. We like to hang out and spend time with each other.
 
When we left Haiti, we left behind another family. A family I married into. Claudy is one of 12 (they aren't all in this picture). I don't know them all very well, but the ones I do know. I love dearly. One thing I love about their family is how much they help one another out.
 
 
Family is a blessing.  
 
 

The Redeemed Runner – #31Days of Thanks

No comments :