Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Liebster Award


Last week, Jenny from Wonderfully Complex nominated my blog for the Liebster award. The purpose of this award is to help bloggers connect to one another. The rules of this award are: nominate anyone you like that has less than 200 followers, write 11 facts about yourself, answer 11 questions about yourself, and ask them 11 questions. 

Here we go.

11 Facts

1. I grew up on a farm.


2. I lived in Haiti for two years. 



3. I have completed 2 marathons. 


4. I love to travel and I love airports (I don't travel lightly). 


5. I met my husband 5 years ago in Haiti. After 2 years of him asking to date, I finally said yes and I'm so glad I did. 



6. I love coffee. For 2 months at the beginning of my pregnancy the thought of it made me sick…I was so glad when that ended. 


7. I love seasons. I love to appreciate the different smells and views of those times. Which means I also love candles. 


8. My favorite place, is our lake home. 


9. I teach high school math online, which means I work from home. 


10. After college, I moved to Florida, knowing no one and started teaching at a school there. 



11. I'm pregnant with our first baby, due in July. 




11 Answers

1. What is one object you can’t live without?
In Haiti I learned to live without a lot of things, but one thing, I don't think I could ever live without is my bed. 

2. If you were an animal, what would you be?
A small animal that gets a lot done. I'm not sure what that would be…but I'm it. 

3. What’s your go-to comfort food?
Mac and Cheese - If I ever don't know what to eat, especially for lunch, nothing is better than some Velveeta shells and these

4. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging for myself, to write about the things I was learning. 

5. What is your dream job?
I guess I'm doing it. I love what I do. 

6. If you had a super power, what would it be?
I'm sorry, I don't think I would want a super power. I've thought about this for a while. There are things that are appealing to most of them, but then I kept thinking of the negativeslike I think it would be cool to see in the future, but would it, it would change the way you live today

7. What do you consider your best quality?
I love hard. (sometimes this isn't great). I pour everything I have into relationships, friends, work etc. 

8. If you could be the best in the world at something, what would it be?
I'm sorry, I have no idea on this one. 

9. How would you describe the perfect evening?
Spending the night on the dock at our lake home, with a glass of wine, talking with my favorite people. 

10. Where would you most like to travel?
This is so difficult for me. There are so many places I would want to go…but I have always wanted to go to Australia and still would love to. 

11. And the most important question of them all…. Toilet paper – over or under?
I don't have a preference and in our home right now we don't have a holder that allows either…so even better. 


Nominees
Kiki @ In It's Time
Tara.Jill
Amy @ Coffee, Scarves & Running Shoes
Renee @ Avec - Amour

11 Questions

1. Who has been the most influential person in your life?
2. What is the hardest lesson you had to learn?
3. What is your favorite book?
4. What is your favorite memory from your childhood?
5. What tradition to you want to carry on from your childhood to your family?
6. What is your biggest accomplishment?
7. What is your favorite snack food?
8. What is your favorite hobby?
9. If you had one year to live, what would you do?
10. If you could have any job in the world, and not worry about degrees or money, what would you do?
11. How would you describe your perfect evening?

2 comments :

Jenny Fish said...

Aw, I love this! You've completed 2 marathons? Which ones did you run? Running a marathon is one of my New Years resolutions so I'll take any advice!

Unknown said...

Congrats on having a baby :) I've never heard of teaching from home. That must be wonderful! What school do you work for?