Wednesday, September 3, 2014

{Blog-tember} - When I grow up


When I was graduating college, I told myself, that I never wanted to say I wish I would have....I wanted to live a full life and always say "yes" to where I felt I was being called. As I reflect on today's prompt, it was hard for me to answer, because I've felt I've done what I've wanted to do.

Upon graduating college, I moved to Florida and started teaching at a Christian School. I had many opportunities there and was able to coach and build lasting relationships. However, 4 years later God laid missions on my heart, specifically the country of Haiti. I went on a trip and I knew that I needed to follow his leading, so I pursued a job opportunity with FLVS (Florida Virtual School). Because I was teaching online, I had the flexibility of traveling back and forth to Haiti every other month and I was able to start training teachers.

After two years, I knew I was being called to do more...so I moved to Haiti. During my time in Haiti, I was able to develop strong relationships, I mentored teenage girls, I worked with mission groups to help build relationships and provide sustainability, I mentored interns, I trained teachers, and I fell in love and got married. Then we got called back to the US.

Now, I am working for Florida Virtual School again, and we had our first child, Lia Marie.

I've lived a full life.....I've done a lot. If I had to answer "When I grow up..." I would say that I would love to train teachers and develop curriculum. I love to learn and I love seeing others learn. But, that's maybe someday...right now, I'm happy where I am.

Brave Love Blog

No comments :