Tuesday, December 2, 2014

{25 Days of Christmas} - Day 2 - Advent Study

Advent - the arrival of a notable person, thing, or event. 
As Noel Piper puts it.
"For four weeks, it’s as if we’re re-enacting, remembering the thousands of years God’s people were anticipating and longing for the coming of God’s salvation, for Jesus. That’s what advent means—coming. Even God’s men who foretold the grace that was to come didn’t know “what person or time the Spirit of Christ in them was indicating." They were waiting, but they didn’t know what God’s salvation would look like."

I want this season to not be so consumed, with presents, music, decorations, parties, but a time to remember our Savior. 

Last year I attempted to complete a study and made it 10 days and fizzled out. I'm committed this year to two different studies: SheReadsTruth and Ann Voskamp's, The Greatest Gift. I'm excited to see what the Lord does as I prepare my heart this season. 

What are your traditions for Advent? Are you doing any studies? I would love to hear what you guys do!


No comments :