Sunday, January 11, 2015

Mwen Pa Janm Bliye



Mwen Pa Janm Bliye
I have not forgotten

I will never forget. 

I wasn't there. 
It was January 12th, and I was packing to get on a plane the next morning to travel to a country I loved, Haiti. Then it came up on my news feed..."earthquake in Haiti" 
It was hard to believe at first. I turned on CNN and I was glued to the TV. 
My heart sank, wondering if my friends were alive. Wondering if the people I loved would ever recover. 


It was day that changed my life.

 For a week, I did everything I could to help people get there, to help get supplies there, and to get there myself. 



My heart still hurts for Haiti. My heart hurts for those that lost. 
Lost love ones, lost their homes, lost jobs, lost hope. 



While the earthquake was devastating (I will not take that lightly), God used it to bring himself glory. He used it to bring people to him. To save lost souls. To change hearts. To share the hope of a nation with other nations. 


Before, January 12, 2010 I felt called to move to Haiti. I told God, no. 
I justified to myself, that traveling back and forth was close enough. 
Through events of the earthquake and the trip a week after, I knew that I needed to be obedient. 



When I think about all that has changed in my life since that day, I'm amazed. 
Amazed that God used me, chose me, that he allowed me to see Him and to know Him in a way I could never have imagined. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Though the mountains be shake and the hills be removed,yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken- nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the Lord, who has compassion on you.
Isaiah 54:10 (NIV)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Psalm 46 (ESV)
God is our crefuge and strength
a very dpresent2 help in etrouble.
Therefore we will not fear fthough the earth gives way,
though the mountains be moved into gthe heart of the sea,
though hits waters roar and foam,
though the mountains tremble at its swelling. Selah
There is ia river whose streams make glad jthe city of God,
the holy khabitation of the Most High.
lGod is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved;
God will help her when morning dawns.
mThe nations rage, the kingdoms totter;
he nutters his voice, the earth omelts.
pThe Lord of hosts is with us;
the God of Jacob is our fortress. Selah
qCome, behold the works of the Lord,
how he has brought desolations on the earth.
rHe makes wars cease to the end of the earth;
he sbreaks the bow and shatters the spear;
the burns the chariots with fire.
10  u“Be still, and know that I am God.
vI will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth!”
11  pThe Lord of hosts is with us;
the God of Jacob is our fortress. Selah
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments :