Saturday, June 20, 2015

{Happy First Father's Day}

Claudy -

When we first met, I remember watching you with kids at different orphanages or schools we would visit and thinking, wow he is so good with those kids. Then, when we were engaged, I watched you take my nieces and nephews and make bonds with them. I would watch you play with them, tease them and just spend time with them. I always thought, you would make such a good dad. In fact, when I watched you with them, you reminded me so much of the qualities I loved about my own dad.


When we found out we were pregnant with our baby, you were so excited... you were connected immediately and you would talk to the baby, etc.

Then it was time for the baby to come. You were nervous and unsure you would want to be in the room, but like any dad, she came and you did great!!!



We really had no idea what we were getting ourselves into and how hard this year would be, but we have made it!


You love our little girl so much and it shows. You take time to play with her, talk with her, feed her, etc. There have been many times that I think, "Wow, he is such a good dad." I don't always voice it out loud, but you are so good to our little girl.

I love when she cuddles up next to you in our beds and touches your face to feel you near. I love when she gets fussy in the evenings and you take out your guitar and start playing worship music and singing together. I love when you play basketball and soccer with her. I love that she goes to sleep better for you. I love how protective you are of her. I love that you are making memories and forming bonds with her.



You have grown so much in this last year. Becoming a daddy has changed you. I loved you before you were a daddy, but my love for you has grown in ways I didn't even realize it could.

I'm so glad you're the one Lia calls DAD!!

I love you!


No comments :