Thursday, March 31, 2016

{3 Day Refresh} - Plant Based Cleanse



2 weeks ago I went on vacation to Florida. As a health and fitness coach we teach balance, so while on vacation I allowed some splurges, they weren't horrible, but they were there. When I came back I should have gotten on track, but I didn't. I was eating healthy meals, but I was allowing treats, not just one during the week, but many! I came back from vacation weighing 121 lbs and at the end of the next week I still weighed 121 lbs. So it wasn't weight, but honestly, I felt horrible. I felt bad in my skin. I knew I needed a mindset change. I decided to do the 3 - day refresh. I've been a coach for almost a year and a half and have never done it before, so thought this is the perfect time. 



I'll admit. I was nervous and scared that I wouldn't be able to do it. I love Meat!!!

Day 1

Here's what I ate...
Breakfast: Cinnamon Latte Shakeology
1.5 c water, cafe latte shakeology, 1 tsp cinnamon, ice
Morning Tea: I used a passion fruit green tea
Lunch: Sauteed Squash in Olive Oil with Salt and Pepper, with Vanilla Fresh Shake: added 1/3 banana and 3 strawberries
Snack: Fresh Veggies with Roasted Pepper Hummus
Dinner: Salad: Cabbage, Kale, Spinach, Carrots, Sunflower Seeds, with Vanilla Fresh Shake
Evening Tea: Iced Green Passion Tea

Not Pictured: Fiber Sweep

End of Day 1 thoughts...
.the fiber sweep was a struggle for me, I mean it's fiber, so I knew it wouldn't be good, but I only used room temp water, big mistake. I also was craving bread. Like just wanted a piece, but I didn't give it. At the end of the day, I could already feel a difference in my body and how it felt. Also, stay close to a bathroom, you will have to go pee a lot!!!


Day 2


Breakfast: Coconut Mocha Shakeology - 1.5 cup water, cafe latte shakeology, 1 tsp cocoa, 1/4 tsp coconut extract, ice
Morning Tea: Passion Green Tea
Lunch: Salad: With Cabbage, Carrots, Kale, w/sunflower seeds with Vanilla Fresh: Used 1/3 banana and strawberries
Snack: Cucumber, Tomato Avocado Salad, w/fresh squeezed lime juice, splash of olive oil and some seasons.
Supper: Sauteed Asparagus in Olive Oil with salt and Pepper with Vanilla Fresh: used 1 tsp cinnamon.
Not Pictured: Fiber Sweep.
 
Day 2 Thoughts...
Now I'm really starting to crave meat. I grilled my hubby chicken and couldn't eat it. Fiber Sweep was a lot better today, I added ice and some lemon juice!!! I am feeling great!
Day3


Breakfast: Banana Chocolate Shakeology - 1.5 cup water, vegan chocolate shakeology, 1/2 banana, ice
Lunch: Green beans - I boiled with salt and pepper and onions. Vanilla Fresh with 3 strawberries, and then I ate 5 strawberries fresh. 
Snack: I forgot the picture: Fresh Veggies with Hummus
Supper: Vanilla Fresh with Cinnamon, Cucumber Tomato Avocado Salad, I used balsamic vinegar and basil. I also had a cup of chick broth. 
Not Picture Fiber Sweep. 

Day 3 thoughts... 
I had a rough night the night before, my daughter was sick and I got little sleep...so it was a late start. I did really good until about noon and then I just wanted to give in and eat her chicken noodle soup and call it quits. But...I knew I would be mad at myself, so I stuck it out. It was a hard day as I was tired, and while the book suggests not to have coffee, after consulting with some other coaches, I had a cup of black coffee and a few drops of stevia around 2pm to help me get through the day.


Results


I ended up losing 3lbs. I wasn't actually out to lose weight, I'm fine with being 120lbs, so that was an added bonus. But I feel great. I notice the bloat is gone and I feel strong again and healthy! Sugar be gone!!!

End thoughts...
It was hard, but I needed the mindset change and to be committed to something to help me stop making poor choices. I'm thankful for pre-energize workout drink that helped me get through my workouts in the morning without having my usual cup of coffee :) I was surprised that my body wasn't more tired. I was thinking it would be hard to workout and I didn't feel that way (on day 3 a little, but that was due to a lack of sleep). 

I don't know that I would do this every month, but this is a great way to kick start your weight loss, or to get back on track after a major holiday or vacation! I still love meat, but it was great to lose the bad sugars!!!! 

If you are interested in doing the 3 day refresh, comment below or send me an email at amfrancois@icloud.com

No comments :