Tuesday, April 5, 2016

He is the Anchor


Do you ever have one of those moments where your sitting in the car alone (if your a mom this is probably rare) have no idea of your surroundings, you are just worshiping (as I type this, I'm thinking this is a little scary, but God was protecting me)! It happened to me on Sunday. I had just gotten done listening to a sermon podcast, so I turned on some music and I was in total worship. Ironically, "Cornersone" was playing and God spoke to me.




God has used this song to speak to us during some major trials in the last 3 years and it's also Lia's favorite song. I know that is crazy to say, but it was the only way I could get her to sleep for a period of time and the minute I would play it she would calm down and sleep, and now she starts singing and lifts her hands (she worships).

Anyways, this isn't profound, but, I needed to hear it. He said, "Ashlee, right now things are going good and you are seeing my blessings, guess what, I'm still your Anchor, I'm still the one holding you together."

He isn't just my anchor when things are rough or difficult, but he is our anchor when things are good to. It's easy for me to say and plead for Him when things are difficult, but I needed that reminder to plead for Him when things are good.  

No comments :