Tuesday, July 30, 2013

{The Harvest}



Some or most of you may know that I was raised on a farm, so when the Bible talks about Sowing, Reaping, Harvesting...I immediately connect to what it is saying. 

As our time here in Haiti quickly comes to a close, I have been doing a lot of reflecting of my time here. Some forced and some on my own.

It's hard to measure things here or anywhere on the field I suppose, but I was trying to measure my "successes" on the field. I was greatly humbled and disheartened, when I couldn't list one persons I had lead to Christ. (It even pains me to write it here). I was so discouraged and beginning to question what the last two years were about. 

I was lead to the passage of John 4...in verse 37 it says, "for here the saying holds true, "One sows and another reaps."

I'm humbled...I was trying to make so much of this about me, when in reality, none of it is about me. None of it. I was obedient to my calling. From there it's God choice on how to use me. I've done nothing that I thought I would do here, but it's not my plan, it's His. 

I'm humbled and amazed that He called me and picked me. I'm humbled to call myself a "Sower." I may never (on this earth) know the impact of God's work here in Haiti the last 2 years, but that is ok...because it's not about me, it's about Him. It's about His Harvest, on His timing. 

No comments :