Thursday, March 26, 2015

{Immeasurably More}


About 10 years ago, I remember sitting in a living room, with a small group of young adult leaders. We were asked about what we thought or hoped our futures would be like. I remember responding, "I do not know what it looks like, I just have a feeling it is going to be bigger and more than I could ever even imagine for myself." 

Last week, I was talking with a college friend and she asked me if I ever imagined that this would be my life. It was an AHA moment for me. I was reminded of the event 10 years earlier and how those words really were true. 

God has done more than I could ever imagine.

I'm so thankful that my parents taught me to be a dream. I'm thankful that they modeled obedience to  God, that they taught me what it meant to be obedient to God, and that they gave their blessing for me me to follow God, no matter where it would take me.

Never in my wildest dream would I have thought I would move on my own to a new state, where I knew no one. I never thought I would then find a job that allowed me to travel back and forth to Haiti. I never would have thought that I would quit my job, raise support, and then live in Haiti. It all has been IMMEASURABLY MORE than I could ever have imagined. 

Since moving back from Haiti, we have frequently been asked the question, "What's Next?" or "What is your plan?" I usually reply with an answer about how I am teaching, Claudy is in school and someday we hope to live in Haiti again...

...but the real answer

...I don't know, I just know, that if we allow God to move and if we are obedient, it's going to be IMMEASURABLE MORE than we can imagine. 


1 comment :

Sarah Grace said...

Ms Neust!

Ah so good to hear from you over on my channel :) I love to see you here on the web too :) hope all has been well!!

Warmest regards
Sarah